When you purchase any item in the United States, there is an underlying promise of safety. If you use products as intended and they become dangerous, you may have a defective product lawsuit on your hands.
Learning more about what defective products are may help you understand the next steps you need to take.
Common Defective Products:
Anything can become a “defective product” if it breaks in a way that no longer serves its intended purpose (or even becomes dangerous). Some items are more likely to fall under this category, including:
- Children’s Toys: Children’s toys should have designs that keep children’s behavior in mind. If a toy intended for toddlers has pieces that may fall out and cause choking or a swing set quickly falls apart, these are defective.
- Electrical Appliances: It’s not uncommon for electronics to encounter defects that may result in shocks or fire.
- Cosmetics: Any personal care products that cause unexpected side effects are defective. These items could be a shampoo that induces hair loss or lotions that give horrible rashes.
- Sporting Goods: Sports may be a “risky” hobby, but that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve compensation when injuries happen because sporting goods fail.
- Smoke Detectors: Smoke detectors are essential preventative tools. If they don’t work, they may fail to protect families from avoidable tragedies.
When Should I Contact a Lawyer?
If you plan on engaging in any lawsuit, getting in touch with a lawyer is an intelligent decision. Lawyers know how to handle a courtroom and learn how to get the best evidence possible for your compensation.
Lawyers may also help you determine any class action lawsuits with the defective product in question. Joining in class action lawsuits may increase your chances of success when seeking compensation over dangerous items.
About Nussbaum Shunnarah Trial Attorneys
With over 34 years of combined experience under the law firm’s belt, Nussbaum Shunnarah Trial Attorneys, P.C. has secured its position as the premier personal injury litigation firm across the northeastern United States. Nussbaum Shunnarah Trial Attorneys has an unparalleled reputation for groundbreaking legal work covering a wide range of individual injury cases — and winning.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident and needs legal counsel, contact Nussbaum Shunnarah Trial Attorneys today. Our team of expert personal injury attorneys is standing by to listen to your story, develop a strategy, and fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
Call Nussbaum Shunnarah Trial Attorneys today or visit https://callmebostonattorneys.com/ to get your free, immediate case evaluation. A compassionate intake specialist will take your call, answer all of your questions, and connect you with counsel for a further case evaluation.
Call Me Boston!
Legal Disclaimer: These recoveries and testimonials are not an indication of future results. Every case is different, and regardless of what friends, family, or other individuals may say about what a case is worth, each case must be evaluated on its own facts and circumstances as they apply to the law. The valuation of a case depends on the facts, the injuries, the jurisdiction, the venue, the witnesses, the parties, and the testimony, among other factors. Furthermore, no representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other attorneys.